The digestive system is responsible for the process of digesting food, extracting the energy that the body needs from food, and converting food and liquids into basic elements such as proteins, fats, carbohydrates and vitamins to be utilized. Individuals, as food needs about 36 hours to cross from the colon, and the digestion process in the intestines and stomach takes 6 to 8 hours, so these organs have an essential role that helps to accomplish this task accurately and mastery to maintain the natural balance of the body.
The diet and lifestyle followed have a direct impact on the digestive system, and he suffers from many health problems due to the wrong eating habits, because the foods we eat or the lifestyle followed may affect the health of the digestive system. Experts have recommended the need to follow the tips and instructions to enjoy good health, and following these tips help in improving the health of digestion, increasing the efficiency of the intestine and improving general health.
To maintain the health of the digestive system and improve efficiency, here are some tips and advice:-
*Follow a healthy balanced diet:
Food is the main source for completing the digestion process and organizing the correct eating habits helps to complete the digestion process efficiently, so you must...
- Eating foods rich in fiber by adding vegetables, fruits, nuts and food legumes that are found in different types of fiber (soluble and insoluble fiber), all of which help regulate bowel movement, lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar.
- Avoid eating large and fatty meals, as fatty meals lead to uncomfortable digestion and reduce bowel movement, which leads to constipation and stomach pain.
- It is preferable to organize eating times and avoid eating directly before bed.
- Eat snacks between main meals, such as fruits, vegetables and nuts.
- Avoid sugars and artificial sweeteners, which may cause a bacterial imbalance in the intestines, and may negatively affect glucose levels in the blood, because they increase blood sugar.
* Do regular exercise.
- Exercise greatly affects the maintenance of the digestive system, as exercise increases blood flow to the muscles and the gastrointestinal tract, which leads to easy movement of food through the alimentary canal. It also relieves stomach ulcers, gas, constipation and stomach cramps. It also helps to strengthen the gut and maintain intestinal health, and helps avoid the risk of colon cancer.
* Getting enough sleep:
- This helps to improve mood and gut health, and irregular sleep habits may cause negative results on gut bacteria, increasing the chances of exposure to stomach infections.
* Avoid bad habits:
- Such as excessive drinking of caffeine, alcohol and smoking.. Studies have shown that smoking reduces the levels of beneficial bacteria, and these effects increase the risk of intestinal diseases such as inflammation of the intestine.
* Maintain plenty of water.
- Water is a key element in the digestive process by helping in the proper absorption of nutrients, which helps in bowel movement.
In the interest of your health, you should go to the doctor to consult and review him when you feel any health problems.. And you should follow a healthy method to maintain your life psychologically and physically...