Manage Blood pressure

Manage Blood pressure When your blood pressure stays within healthy ranges, you reduce the strain on your heart, arteries, and kidneys which keeps you healthier. Lifestyle modifications provide a great heart-healthy living plan for all of us.

Manage Blood pressure

Live Well

Manage Blood pressure
When your blood pressure stays within healthy ranges, you reduce the strain on your heart, arteries, and kidneys which keeps you healthier. Lifestyle modifications provide a great heart-healthy living plan for all of us.

Control cholesterol

Your body cells make about 75% of the cholesterol in your blood. The other 25% comes from your food. Eat healthy foods that are low in cholesterol, trans fats and saturated fats. Stay current on your levels with regular check-ups.

Eeat Better

Track what you eat, Eat vegetables and fruits, fiber-rich whole-grain foods, eat fish at least twice a week, cut back on saturated and trans fats, cholesterol and added sugars.

Get Active

Living an active life is one of the most rewarding gifts you can give yourself and those you love. Get at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity each day (like brisk walking), five times per week. In addition, physically active people report better moods, less stress, more energy and a better outlook on life.

Lose Weight

Obesity is a strain. When you shed extra fat and unnecessary pounds, you reduce the burden on your heart, lungs, blood vessels and skeleton.

Stop Smoking

Smoking affects your entire circulatory system, and increases your risk for coronary heart disease and blood clots. Smoking can also reduce your good cholesterol (HDL) and your lung capacity, making it harder to get the physical activity you need for better health.

Reduce Blood Sugar

Lowered blood sugar helps protect your vital organs. Diabetes is one of the six major controllable risk factors for cardiovascular disease.

 

 

Manage Blood pressure

Copyright © 2015 Medicare. All rights reserved

. powered by diva-lab