A moment of life... It is the moment when any woman feels that she has life - her child - in her hands. One of the most important and happiest moments in her life. After nine months of pain and tension, various changing and unstable stages that only the mother will feel.
At this moment, motherhood begins to play its role.. a responsibility, a thought, and what will be tomorrow. But before all this, there is a woman's body that has gone through many changes due to pregnancy and childbirth in its various forms and a completely spent health.
Pregnancy and childbirth are among the most influential events in a woman's life, and immediately after the birth of her child, various changes occur, including physical and emotional. It is possible to go to the childhood and motherhood centers to help with these changes, but she must also continue to be calm and absorb what is happening around her at this stage, as she is preparing to play a new role in her life in the motherhood journey.
There is a physical change, which is the return of the uterus to its normal position after it has doubled in size 22 times.
At this stage, the woman also begins to look at her body from fullness or changes that occurred to her that she had not thought of before, despite her work on following healthy foods and trying to reach the ideal weight and body. However, childbirth brings about a comprehensive change in the shape and body, and it is important for the mother to realize after birth that there are pain and changes that will continue with her for some time, and the parents must understand this and work to contain them and help overcome this stage and reassure her that everything she is going through is normal and work to provide Help to spend some home matters to ease the burden.
Some of the stages a mother goes through are:
• Abdominal cramps...due to the return of the uterus to its normal position, and this is expected and the pain disappears within days.
• Pain due to the birth wound, whether it was a caesarean section or a natural one.
• Breast engorgement.. It is normal for breasts to fill with milk and this discomfort goes away as soon as breastfeeding starts.
• Constipation .. due to lack of bowel movement and will end within a few days, with interest in giving up fiber-rich food and drinking water.
Changes differ from one woman to another and this must be contained because it is natural to change all the hormones of the body.
The postpartum period may last from 6 to 8 weeks until the mother returns to her normal life, so it is important to get as much rest and calm, take care of the body and what is happening with it, and most importantly proper nutrition, with follow-up and referral to the doctor and follow his instructions to reach the best condition in the least possible period. In addition, you must:
• Eat healthy food to resist and relieve pain.
• Eat good protein and carbohydrates for energy.
• Eat foods rich in fiber (fruits, grains, and vegetables).
• Drink plenty of water.
• Try to walk, even if you wander around the house as much as possible to promote blood circulation, reduce stress and reduce depression.
• Try to get enough sleep.
At this stage, the mother must overcome any negative feeling and seek help and be informed about the experiences of mothers at this stage, because most of them are normal cases, and the mother must be aware that it is a temporary stage and direct her thinking to enjoying her new baby, and realize that she has a responsibility towards him and towards herself. She has to take care of herself and her mental and physical health so that she can take care of her newborn. She must know that it is life, that it is the foundation of the house, and that her child is waiting for her to be by his side until they begin their journey together.